Source: University of Maryland, College Park
Due to the switch from Absorb to Canvas, the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute requires students to create a University of Maryland asssociate account. This account will be used to login to the Canvas LMS and take online/blended learning courses.
- To begin, go to the Associate Account Registration page and enter the information
- On the next screen, accept your Directory ID and agree to follow the Acceptable Use Guidelines.
- You will receive a message confirming the request, and password setup instructions will be emailed to your address.
- Visit the link provided to activate your account and set a password. The link expires after 10 minutes and accounts that are not confirmed will be deleted after 120 days.
- Enter a new password for your account, then click Update Password.
- After a password is established, you will receive the following message:
Before you can view your student’s records, your student must grant access in Testudo using the Parent/Guardian Access section of the My Profile page. Once access is granted, parents/guardians can log in from the Parents & Family Members section of the Office of the Regstrar website.
- You may update your profile here; log in with your Directory ID and password
- Associate accounts Directory IDs will be the entire email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password Expiration: Directory Passwords are valid for up to 180 days. Account holders will be notified via email to reset and update their password in order to prevent deletion of the account. A password reset generates a link emailed to the account that remains valid for 10 minutes.
- Account Expiration: Accounts with expired passwords or with no activity after creation will be deleted and removed from the system after 120 days